The first day of school holidays has been well spent indeed. A slow start with a well timed (and rare) sleep-in, a quiet morning drawing and enjoying the sunshine while gardening, and then an afternoon cuddled up with books and movies and sleepy sleeps. Slowing down, with no routine and no place to be was blissful, it reminded me how easily a busy life can distract you from life's little pleasures.
And what better way to finish off a sleepy slow day with a quick and easy dinner. I thought I'd share this recipe as it has become a firm favourite in our household...
- 1 can chick peas
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1/2 jar red curry paste
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Raw cashews to serve
- Cut all vegetables into mouth sized pieces and trim broccolini.
- Heat wok or large fry pan and in a little oil, warm curry paste to release flavours, add in onion and continue to stir. After 1-2 minutes add carrot and sweet potato.
- Once well mixed add coconut milk, sugar and fish sauce and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes and add broccolini, continue to simmer for another 10 minutes until broccolini has slightly softened and sweet potato has cooked through.
- Serve over rice, with a sprinkle of cashews over the top.
I use an Aldi brand curry paste, it has all natural ingredients - cumin, tumeric, garlic, shallots etc and an acidity regulator (330) which is just citric acid, you can mix and match yellow or green curry paste if you prefer.
Winter weather certainly inspires me to begin curry season!
Love, J x