Know your supplements
10 Natural Medicine Must Have's
1. Multivitamins - contain a combination of vitamins and minerals, ranging from Vitamin A to Zinc. Many of us don't eat enough fruits and vegetables and while a multivitamin shouldn't replace a good diet, often we just need a boost.
2. Glucosamine - a naturally occurring compound found in the cartilage of the joints, often taken with omega-3s and MSM at a dose of 1500mg daily may lower inflammation, improve joint health and osteoarthritis, improve digestion and alleviate bone pain due to fracture.
3. Fish oil, krill, Omega-3 - Some studies suggest that regular intake of omega-3 fats may lower blood pressure, reduce triglyceride levels, significantly reduce joint tenderness and stiffness in patients with arthritis, and benefit heart health.
4. Calcium - Calcium supplements may; prevent bone loss in post-menopausal women (especially when taken with Vit D), lower risk of colon cancer and reduce blood pressure and inflammation.
5. C0Q10 - Coenzyme Q10 performs vital functions; energy production and oxidant protection. Supplementation may improve; blood pressure, heart muscle function, arterial health, diabetes, migraine, macular degeneration and reduce neuro-degenerative diseases.
6. Magnesium - Magnesium supplements boost performance, fight depression, reduce risk of diabetes, lower blood pressure, prevent migraines, lower insulin resistance and improve anxiety and insomnia.
7. Probiotics - Probiotics are live microorganisms (or friendly bacteria) that colonise the gut and studies suggest probiotics; reduce systemic inflammation, reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression, lower total cholesterol levels, boost immune function and improve skin health
8. Natural Skin Care - Your skin is your biggest elimination organ, clogging it up with chemicals is not recommended for good health, looking for products with essential oils such as rosehip, lavender, jojoba and sweet almond. Seaweed and aloe vera, manuka oil and shea butter and natural vitamin E are all great choices.
9. Natural Immune support - Diet plays a major role in strengthening the immune system - vitamin C and D, zinc, selenium, olive leaf extract, echinacea, goldenseal and turmeric are all immune boosting nutrients.
10. Alkalising Products - Natural alkalising supplements help the body detoxify, look for chlorella, chlorophyll and celery seed!
REMEMBER: Natural medicine is powerful speak to us nutritionist or another health professional to decide which products are right for you!
Love, J x