As I spoke about in week one, spring invites us to detoxify our bodies and our homes, when the time of year comes that I am throwing open the windows and doors and letting the spring breeze whip through our home, I cant help but start my annual spring clean!
ADD IN: WEEK THREE
What do you clean with? Using products such as Murchison-Hume or making your own means that you are not adding anything nasty back in after the weeks you have spent cleansing. Here are some additional ideas >>
- An easy change with a big impact? Cut synthetic fragrances, which are a source of phthalate exposure, from your home.
- Skip the scented trash bags and plug-in air fresheners and try an essential oil diffuser instead.
- To detox your environment even further, bring air-purifying green plants like peace lily, philodendron and ferns inside to clean the air.
I am as guilty as anyone else for plugging into devices all too often, so to challenge myself and you all, I am proposing that we ban phones from the bedroom during this detox period - and beyond should it suit you!
FIVE DAY MEAL PLAN
- Medium bowl of porridge with 1 tablespoon of blanched almonds, 1 tsp of sunflower seeds made with water, sweetened with 5 drops of vanilla essence and 1 grated apple. Enjoy with one cup of green tea.
- 200g of Greek style full fat yoghurt with 100g of mixed berries (may be taken from frozen), 2 tsp of pumpkin seeds
- 2 full egg omelette with large handful of wilted watercress or spinach, 1 piece of pumpernickel toast. 1 cup of white tea.
- Crumbled feta with half an avocado and lime juice on toasted rye. 1 cup of green tea.
- 2 slices of honey roast ham with two poached eggs. 1 cup of Rooibos tea.
- Medium box of mixed fish sushi with small pot of edamame beans and optional bowl of miso soup
- Poached salmon with small potato salad and mixed leaf bag salad, served with olive oil and lemon juice dressing.
- Chicken Caesar salad with added handful of sugar snap peas, 1 dessert spoon of olive oil (instead of any pre-made dressing)
- Mixed bean hot pot with added soba noodles (buckwheat)
- Chicken and vegetable soup (homemade), with rye crackers
- Fillet steak with roasted sweet potato and green beans
- Grilled white fish with roasted root vegetables
- Tofu and Asian vegetables stir fry with soya, ginger and garlic sauce
- Lentil and vegetable bake with crumbled feta topping
- 1 large grilled portobello mushroom filled with 2 tbsp of ready prepared Puy lentils, topped with four artichoke hearts (may be tinned), and a drizzle of olive oil.
Check back for the last installment in this detox series next week!
Love, J x